Funded by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), HSE Out-of-School services emphasize educational and career development for youth ages 16-21 who are economically disadvantaged and are one or more of the following: deficient in basic literacy skills, a school drop-out, homeless or runaway, foster child, pregnant or parenting, an offender or an individual who requires additional assistance to complete and educational program, or to secure and hold employment.
Through a network of regional service providers, the WIA youth services focuses on offering eligible participants access to one or more of the following components:
- Career Exploration & Preparation
- Paid & Unpaid Work Experience
- Occupational Skills Training
- Academic Skills Improvement
- Alternative Secondary Education Services
- Summer Employment Opportunities
- Leadership Skills Development & Opportunities
- Supportive Services
- Comprehensive Guidance & Counseling
- Follow-Up Services
For further information, please contact a youth provider listed below:
- Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc. (Brookfield & Surrounding Towns), Call: (508) 867-5800.
- Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc. (Milford & Surrounding Towns), Call: (508) 473-2178.
- Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc. (Southbridge & Surrounding Towns), Call: (508) 765-9102 ext. 22.
- Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc. (Whitinsville & Surrounding Towns), Call: (508) 266-2125.
- Training Resources of America, Virginia Trembley, GED Instructor, (508) 753-2991.
- Worcester Community Action Council, Linda Taylor, Career Counselor, (508) 754-1176 ext. 158.
- Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc., Kate Mallet, GED Instructor, (508) 849-5600 ext. 397.